The main purpose of a school dress code is to assist staff, students and parents to create a safer and respectful learning environment. Staff and students will support the dress code by dressing in a manner which demonstrates respect for oneself, others and the Christian values of our school.
The following dress code guidelines must be adhered to (including school excursions):
- Tops must be modest, and overlap the pants.
- The straps on sleeveless tops must measure at least 3 fingers across with no undergarments showing.
- Hemmed shorts, walking shorts, skirts, and dresses must be mid-thigh or longer in length.
- Only clothing with positive messages and pictures are permitted.
- Tight fitting clothing and pajama tops and bottoms are not acceptable.
- Hats and headwear are not to be worn inside the school, however, we do encourage their use when outside.
- All clothing and symbols associated with youth gangs are prohibited. This includes headbands, bandanas, and kerchiefs.
- Two pairs of shoes (indoor running shoes and general outdoor shoes) are necessary at all times. For safety reasons, please do not wear sandals or crocs during play periods.
- Students are encouraged to wear running shoes or shoes that cover the entire foot when playing on our creative playground structure for their safety.
Please review these dress code guidelines with your son/daughter.
Thanks so much for your continued support.