Students at St. Daniel will be wearing Halloween costumes on October 31st. To ensure that all our students have a fun and safe day, there are a few guidelines that I would like all parents/students to follow with respect to costumes:
- Costumes should not be such that they interfere with classroom activities.
- Students must be able to sit, walk, breathe, see and hear. No masks that cover the face.
- No fake weapons of any kind are allowed.
- No clown costumes.
- Costumes that are provocative, revealing, sexual in nature, or employ questionable props are not allowed.
- Costumes that depict violence, alcohol or drugs are not allowed.
- Costumes that could be offensive or perpetuate a stereotype of someone’s culture, gender, heritage, ethnicity or religion are not allowed.
- All students are asked to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the Christian values of St. Daniel C.E.S and the WCDSB.
- Appropriate and safe footwear must be worn.
In addition, we want all our children to be safe and due to allergies, we cannot have candy or treats shared at school. If you want to share something with your child’s class, please consider pencils or craft type objects from the dollar store as an example.
Thank You for your support,
Mrs. L Temple
Principal, St. Daniel CES