Since June we have been working on creating safer parking, pick up and drop off plans for our community.
I have met with transportation officials and involved city officials to discuss what would work best for the families and students at St. Daniel moving forward in regards to safer arrival and departure plans.
- the parking lot will be CLOSED at 8:40 am and at the end of the day (only staff will park there, families with stickers for priority parking- Handicap parking for example, families with students in Extended Day will have access, as well as buses for students with needs)
- parking permits will be assigned and must be visible in their cars for staff and families with students in Extended Day
- parents are able to drop off and pick up along the fence line of the school bordering the field with side walk access to our yard for safer arrival and departure
- parents and guardians can continue to park at the church and walk over to the school to drop off their child or pick up their child, or for meetings at the school
- the driveway between the school and church will remained closed at the end of day from 3:30 until the buses all leave safely
We will be sharing this information throughout the month of September.
I know that we all want our children to be safe at all times when arriving at school and leaving at the end of the day and to that end, thanks for adhering to these changes and making sure you understand them.
We are open to hearing any ideas, or questions that you have as we work through these changes.
Thanks again for reading this information and ensuring you understand pick up and drop off procedures.
Mrs. Lorrie Temple
Principal, St. Daniel CES