Communication between the school and our families is very important to us here at St. Daniel Catholic school. Here are some tips/ideas that we have put in place to help us communicate with you and you with us. If you have some other suggestions, please let us know in the main office.
- Connect with your child’s teacher and let them know which form of communication works best for you.
- Come to our Parent Night on September 11 and meet the staff (more information to come, stay tuned).
- Your child’s teacher may have a monthly newsletter, use Google Classroom, a class Twitter page our use D2L to share information. Find out what your child’s teacher uses and become familiar with this communication tool.
- Email the office at Temple@wcdsb.ca or Christl.Rossiter@wcdsb.ca at any time.
- Register for our newswire via the St. Daniel website. You go to the Board Website (WCDSB) and click on School Websites on the far right. Then drop down and click on St. Daniel. Once on our school website, scroll down to the bottom and you will see on the left side, a place to subscribe to our Newswire. Newswire will provide you with up to date information on school, church and community centre events.
- Come visit us at the school. For an appointment call the school or email Ms. Rossiter (email above).
- Watch the outside sign for upcoming events.
- Visit the school website often.
- Subscribe to our school Twitter, all tweets can also be found on our website on the right-hand side of the page.
- The WCDSB also has a Facebook page that you can follow. They promote all Board events on this social media.
- Join School Council to get to know other parents in the community and share your gifts and talents with us.
- Volunteer to help in your child’s class. To sign up to volunteer, talk with your child’s teacher or sign up during Parent Night. There will be a sign-up sheet in the Learning Commons/Library. To volunteer long term, you will need a Police Records Check and Mrs. Rossiter can help you with this in the main office.
We are looking forward to this school year and we know the importance of working together and communicating with one another to make it the best ever!