We are fortunate at St. Daniel CES to have an active Catholic School Council that not only acts in an advisory capacity to our school’s administrative team, but has also been instrumental in supporting our school community through a variety of initiatives:
- Assist in busing of students for extracurricular activities
- French library books
- Purchase of outdoor play equipment (balls, skipping ropes etc.)
- Support for the marginalized and local families in need
- Classroom support funds
- Support guest speakers
- Grade 8 graduation, support for trophies, plaques, medallions, engraving and yearbook
- Subsidy for student agendas
- Support costs for Gr. 8 retreat (busing etc.).
- Technology (Tech. Tubs for Chromebooks)
- School Yard Improvements
- Bussing for Athletic Activities
On behalf of the staff and students of St. Daniel, thank you to all who have, and continue to be involved with supporting our Thunderbird community!
What are the Roles and Responsibilities of a School Advisory Council Member?
St. Daniel Catholic School Council Members:
- Are people of good will who have a special commitment to the faith formation and education of our students.
- Place the overall interest of the students and St. Daniel school first.
- Have a vested interest in preserving the tradition and reputation of St. Daniel Catholic School and the preservation of the teaching of Catholic education in our publicly funded schools
- Participate in School Council meetings and school initiatives and programs.
- Seek to reach a consensus in the decision-making processes of the Council.
Meeting Minutes and Agendas
October 2020 Minutes
November 2020 Agenda Minutes
December Meeting Postponed
NW January 2021 Minutes
February 2021 Minutes
Parent Outreach Plans