The entire staff at St. Daniel is hopeful that you are all staying healthy and doing your part in stopping the spread of this unprecedented virus. Please remember the seriousness of the COVID-19 Virus and make sure that you are self-isolating if you have traveled, wash your hands A LOT, practice social distancing (i.e., stay 2 meters away from others at all times) and if you are sick, stay home to prevent the spread.
As a way to continue to connect with you and inspire our Thunderbirds to learn and grow, we will be sharing ideas and resource links to support learning at home. None of what is presented to you is a “must”, but instead is meant to complement what you are already doing to engage your children in educational activities.
Also, please find attached a letter from the Minister of Education – Stephen Lecce – about the most current state of our COVID-19 pandemic.
Remember Thunderbirds…be safe, practice healthy habits, and reach out to others during this time of isolation. Sometimes a friend reaching out is the best part of our day!
Your Partners in Education,
Mrs. GC, Ms. Weber & the Thunderbird Staff
- Friday is Decades day! Our Student Activity Council organized a school spirit day for Friday March 27th. We invite you and your family to dress up in clothes from your favourite decade! Feel free to capture this moment with a photo and Tweet it to: @StDanielTBirds. This will enable the photo to show up in our Twitter feed. Please be sure all photos are school appropriate. Thanks!
- Each day of the week WCDSB will be dedicated to sharing fun questions, finding great answers and learning subject specific home activities. Post your questions, answers or fun home activities on social media and use #STEAMDays to share with the community. Be sure to also tag us @StDanielTBirds in your posts! https://www.wcdsb.ca/steamdays/
- The Ministry of Education has launched a new site called Learn at home which is filled with curriculum related, engaging content created by Ontario educators: https://www.ontario.ca/page/learn-at-home
- Feeling a little gloomy, check out Action for Happiness. Their monthly calendars are packed with actions you can take to help create a happier and kinder world. https://www.actionforhappiness.org/calendars
- Our amazing WCDSB Math Consultant has created Math Calendars for each grade (K-8) with fun prompts and activities. Links to other great Ontraio based math resources are also included!
Kindergarten Daily Math Activities
Grade 1 Daily Math Activities
Grade 2 Daily Math Activities
Grade 3 Daily Math Activities
Grade 4 Daily Math Activities
Grade 5 Daily Math Activities
Grade 6 Daily Math Activities
Grade 7 & 8 Daily Math
- Each Monday during the season of Lent, we celebrate as a school community through Lenten Links. Our Pastoral Team has created slides for each week that teachers display in their classrooms. Students read scripture and lead us in prayer over the announcements accompanying the slides. As we continue on our Lenten journey, we thought families might like to carry on this tradition at home. Please click on the link below for our Lenten Link for the week of March 23rd. God bless! Lenten Link – Google Slides (March 23rd)